3" x 3" poster board
See the Miscellaneous section for more instructions, hints and tips.
This can be a neckerchief slide, a SWAP, or a Christmas ornament.
You can use any shape that you want. It might be a symbol of a holiday, anniversary or other special occasion.
You can use any color or size glitter for this project. You could even use sequins if you want.
- Find a shape the size you want to make (about 2 1/2"). You could use clip art, a drawing tool on a computer, a cookie cutter, or simply draw the shape. Print it out, and then cut it out with scissors.
- Trace around the shape on the poster board. Cut it out using scissors.
- Glue the shape (the side with the markings) to a PVC ring. Alternatively, you could use a pin to make a SWAP or a string or ribbon for an ornament. Usually this is done last, but it just makes it easier to put on the glue and glitter if you have something to hold the shape with. You can use hot glue or E-6000.
- Using a brush (fingers will work if you have something handy to wipe up the mess), apply a thin coat of white glue to the entire front of the shape.
- For easy cleanup, hold the shape over a large piece of newspaper. Sprinkle glitter onto the glue. Tilt the shape and gently tap off any excess glitter.
- Set aside to dry.
- After it dries you can spray it with a clear coat of Deft to hold the glitter on better.
To make one with two or more different colors, just paint glue onto one area and sprinkle with glitter. If you have the time, let this dry completely. If you don't have the extra time, just do the next area. You will get some contamination of glitter between the areas.
Copyright © 2009 Vincent Hale